Nail and Beauty study programme
Interested in a career in beauty?
This course helps to prepare you for a job doing just that.
You’ll learn about nail art and giving manicures as well as how to apply different kinds of makeup.
But there’s much more to it than that. You will:
• Learn up-to-date working practices used working in the beauty sector
• Improve your practical beauty and nails skills
• Develop your knowledge of a range of beauty practices, including nail treatments
• Develop effective communication skills to use with colleagues and customers
• Get customer service skills working in a salon environment.
All of our programmes are designed to help you develop your English and Maths and improve your grades where needed. You will also get the chance to get some local work experience and help you put what you have learnt on the course into practice and get that vital experience on to your CV.
So no matter what type of business you want to work in, the Health and Social study programme could be your first step in helping you get your first job or getting an apprenticeship.
Why not find out more by filling in the easy application form?
What qualifications can I achieve?
City & Guilds Award / Certificate / Diploma Level 1
English and Maths Functional skills entry level to GCSE
What else is covered on the course?
- Personal and social development sessions
- Employability and Independent Living
- Opportunities for work experience
- Potential to complete Health and Safety Course & exam so you can apply for the CSCS test/card
- Mental well-being
- British Values
What can I do after the course?
Progress onto an apprenticeship
Increase your chances of employment
Travel Expenses / Attendance Allowance
If you are aged between 16-18 years we can refund your travel expenses by bus or train from your home address to LifeSkills. This will be paid a week in arrears. You will also receive a £40 bursary every four weeks. This is based on full attendance each week, good timekeeping and positively participating in lessons.
To express interest please click here