Construction study programme
Construction study programme
Want to work in construction?
If you like the idea of learning a trade to work in the construction industry, then our course is the perfect start for you.
All courses are personalised to the individual with a core learning of Employability and Personal Development, Health and Safety and Functional Skills in Maths and English and ICT.
You will receive expert training in bricklaying, plumbing, carpentry and painting and decorating and ground works, including block paving.
What can you expect to learn on our construction course?
• Health & Safety – Including CSCS Training
• Bricklaying – building half brick to cavity-built walls
• Carpentry – halving joints, skirting boards, and architrave
• Paving – correctly installing both block paving and concrete slabs
• Paining & decorating – preparing and finishing various surfaces.
• Basic plumbing – measuring, cutting, and installing rainwater goods
• Groundworks – from installing domestic drainage, to building a manhole
• Functional Skills – Increase knowledge and skills relating to Maths and English within the construction industry
What an employer may be looking for:
• the ability to be thorough and pay attention to detail
• the ability to use, repair and maintain machines and tools
• the ability to work well with your hands
• the ability to work well with others
• patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
• knowledge of Maths
• to be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device.
The LifeSkills Construction study programme will help you develop these skills and prepare you for the next step in your construction career. Once you have completed the course you could go on to a higher level course or apprenticeship or decide to specialise in a particular trade. You could work in a workshop, at a client’s business, on a construction site or at a client’s home. Once fully qualified you could earn between £14,000 to £40,000 a year, depending on your trade and experience.
All of our programmes are designed to help you develop your English and Maths and improve your grades where needed. You will also get the chance to do some work experience to help you put what you have learnt into practice and get that vital experience on to your CV.
With all these qualifications and new-found confidence, you’ll dramatically increase your chances of an apprenticeship or employment which means money in your pocket.
So no matter what type of business you want to work in, the Construction study programme could be your first step in helping you get your first job or getting an apprenticeship.
Why not find out more by filling in the easy application form?
What qualifications can I achieve?
City & Guilds Award / Certificate / Diploma Level 1
English and Maths Functional skills entry level to GCSE
What else is covered on the course?
- Personal and social development sessions
- Employability and Independent Living
- Opportunities for work experience
- Potential to complete Health and Safety Course & exam so you can apply for the CSCS test/card
- Mental well-being
- British Values
What can I do after the course?
Progress onto a level 2 course in Construction
Progress onto an apprenticeship
Increase your chances of employment
Travel Expenses / Attendance Allowance
If you are aged between 16-18 years we can refund your travel expenses by bus or train from your home address to LifeSkills. This will be paid a week in arrears. You will also receive a £40 bursary every four weeks. This is based on full attendance each week, good timekeeping and positively participating in lessons.
To express interest please click here